9.19.2003

fuzzy thinking in regards of your city

originally written 09.17.03

this vibe, this signal you send
(or the complete lackthereof)
confuses me because my
overanalytical tendacies take over
when you pop
into my mind
into my sight
into my conversations
i'm building these bridges that
i don't know that i should cross
'cause
i don't know if i want to cross
i don't know if you want me to cross
SHIT, i don't know if this bridge even exists.
woman, i've seen postcards of your city for years,
and this is the first time i've visited...
i don't know if i'm getting invitations to
stay the day
stay the afternoon
stay the night...
i don't know if you're wanting me to move in.
there's one vacant lot in your town,
and you often reminded me of the
potential candidates to fill this space,
and we often talk of keeping the lot
open and vacant. i try
to not think about it...but rather
i think about whether there's anything to
think about or if there's nothing to
think about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home