7.27.2003

i’m in no rush
originally written 07.27.03

i’ll take my time today
and tomorrow, because
i took my time yesterday.
i’m in no rush, because
haste never did me any good.

i’ll give you a few small pieces
of myself everytime, because
i gave you a few yesterday.
i’m in no rush, because
i’m not ready to bear everything.

i’ll
walk toward you with baby steps,
look into your eyes in small glances,
and slowly extend my hugs into more,
because
it was all enough to make you smile
yesterday.
i’m in no rush, because
doing more might be too much.

in time,
time might shine
a little more light
onto all of the pieces
that come together
to compose all of me.
the baby steps may become the longest miles.
the small glances may become heartfelt gazes.
the hugs may become the sweetest kisses.
in time, maybe.
but,
baby steps, glances, and hugs
will be enough to keep this smile
for awhile...
because they were enough only yesterday.

i hope you don't mind.
i just met you.
i just want to make you smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home