12.04.2002

senior ap*english final essay 2
[ essay number nine | growing pains ]

I cannot deny that I have gone through a lot of painful experiences throughout high school. I have also gone through a lot of relationships throughout high school. A lot of friendships have gone awry. With the fate of those relationships came a lot of hurt. With the hurt, came a lot of personal growth. The pain that I have endured has helped me shape my view of the world.

I mean not to sound bitter, actually, I want to sound thankful. I want to thank those who have inflicted emotional stuggle upon me for shaping my character. You've made me stronger.

You've made me realize that I don't need to try to please everybody...actually, that it is quite impossible to do so. You've also helped me realize that not everybody is perfect.

You've helped me realize my own faults. I realize these, and try to change them, not so much to satisfy you, but to satisfy myself. I realize that the way that I approach conflict and struggle may not be the most perfect method, and through this, I try to reshape it in a way that everybody can benefit, including myself.

You've helped me realize that I, too, can be wrong, and that it is okay to be wrong. I'm coping with the idea that you can be wrong as well...I'm working on it.

All my conflicts with people have helped me grow stonger, and more intelligent. Just like those I consider my friends, those who have antagonized me have left some sort of impact in my character.

Sometimes I question whether or not I should let you impact me...but I'm young, and I'm still trying to figure out most of the world's answers.

The pain that I have endured in high school has prepared me for the pain that I am most likely to encounter in the future. Just like joy, pleasure, and comfort, the feelings of pain, disappointment, and failure are also a part of life. Our conflicts have helped me to deal with this.

With our conflicts, not only do I want to thank you for the growth that you've helped me endure, I also offer my forgiveness. I also ask for yours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home